WHY is this happening in our life...?
WHY WHY WHY?????
I met with my church bishop last night. He is just a wise and special man of God. We discussed how we will all have trials and some are horrible beyond horrible. He himself has lost a son. We will never know WHY the bad things happen. It is our faith that we don't become bitter or angry. We just know that we have to cherish every moment and day. We trust in God's plan and accept his will.
So this morning, in meeting with the cancer specialists this leaves me with so many anxious emotions. This journey is not in our control. It never has been. I just told my bishop last night that there are times each day when I feel like I can't go on. Is this normal?
I feel like I have been knocked down so many times in this cancer journey and with so many other life challenges. When I feel knocked down... humbled on my knees and struggling... I pray. I pray and pray and pray more.
Then I remind myself to be strong, get back up like a WARRIOR. I can't and won't let these things make me bitter and I know I need to FIGHT with my husband. Trust me, it's easy to get depressed and not want to go on. I simply can't let negative thoughts get me down right now. My husband and children and business need me to keep positive and keep going. I find my positive outlook is one of the reason that my husband and family can look at each day with gratitude. I belief God is carrying us right now.
One of the things I wanted to share with you today is a free project/workshop. This is my own personal book. It is one that I designed to tell my life story and who I am. This is with my collection- HELLO MY NAME is.
I decided to share this with you today in hopes you too will take the time to document and tell your story. More than ever, I know how important this is.
THIS IS MY & TC FISKARS PUNCH. YES, IT IS THAT LARGE!
ONLY YOU CAN TELL WHO YOU ARE.
WHAT A GIFT IT IS TO HAVE YOUR LIFE AND YOUR STORY DOCUMENTED. THIS IS MY BOOK
AND MY LIFE. NO ONE CAN TELL MY STORY LIKE I CAN.
THESE PAPERS AND THIS COLLECTION WILL HELP YOU TO TELL THE STORY!!!!!!
THIS IS MY SEAL TC FISKARS PUNCH WITH MY GEMS INSIDE THE SEAL SHAPE.
DOCUMENT YOUR CHILDHOOD MEMORIES!!! THIS IS MY BABY PICTURE. THIS IS MY ONLY PHOTO. I WISH I HAD MORE PHOTOS. THIS IS WHY I PRINT OUT THOUSANDS OF PHOTOS. THIS IS SO IMPORTANT. I COULD NOT BE PROUDER TO WORK WITH CANON. I DO TAKE MY PHOTO AND PRINT WITH MY CANON CAMERA AND PRINTERS.
EMBOSSED MANILA FILE FOLDER PAGE- TC CRAFTWELL CUT N BOSS MACHINE AND WORD COLLAGE PAGE. **** LOOK WHAT EMBOSSING DOES TO REGULAR MANILA FILE FOLDER. I AM SERIOUSLY IN LOVE WITH MY MACHINE!
HELLO MY NAME IS…
LIFE IS GOOD
TERESA COLLINS FREE WORKSHOP
LIFE IS GOOD WITH HELLO MY NAME IS TERESA COLLINS COLLECTION IS FOCUSED ON HELPING TELL THE STORY OF YOUR LIFE. DOCUMENTING YOU AS ONLY YOU CAN DO!IF YOU DON'T TELL YOUR STORY... WHO WILL?
“Start telling the stories that only you can tell, because there’ll always be better writers than you and there’ll always be smarter writers than you. There will always be people who are much better at doing this or doing that - but you are the ONLY YOU.” Neil Gaiman
ITEMS: TERESA COLLINS PAPER COLLECTION, TERESA COLLINS FISKAR PUNCHES (MINI STAR, &, LOVE, SEAL, ANCHOR, HEART, TAB, MINI HEART, GOLD TRIMMER), XYRON TERESA COLLINS ADHESIVES- MEGA RUNNER, CHIPBOARD PUNCH AND STAPLER. ALL ITEMS ARE CURRENTLY FOUND IN JOANN FABRIC AND CRAFTS. YOU MAY ALSO FIND THE PAPER COLLECTIONS AT YOUR LOCAL INDEPENDENT STORES AND ONLINE. ENJOY!!!!!
COVER: LIFE IS GOOD
1. ADHERE LIFE IS GOOD 8X10 HELLO MY NAME IS ARTWORK TO CHIPBOARD WITH ADHESIVE RUNNER.
2. ADHERE 4X6 PHOTO TO RED CARD WITH POP UP DOTS. (INSIDE CARD PLACE- 3X4 TIME JOURNALING CARD)
3. ADHERE SPRAY PAINTED GOLD BOOK PLATE TO LOWER RIGHT CORNER OF PHOTO WITH TC LIQUID ADHESIVE. ALLOW TO DRY COMPLETELY.
4. ADHERE STICKER FROM WORD TIDBITS JOURNALING (THROUGHOUT BOOK AS DESIRED BY RUNNING THROUGH TC STICKERMAKER). CUT OUT WORDS TO JOURNAL AS DESIRED.
5. INSIDE GOLD FRAME PLACE STICKER JOURNALING WORDS. PROJECT- THIS IS THE STORY; JUST BE YOU.
PAGE 1: FOUR TAG PAGE/HELLO MY NAME IS, THE ORIGINAL ME
1. PAGE BASE IS FOUR TAGS CUT AS ONE PAGE FROM 12X12 PAPER.
2. PLACE ALPHABET INITIAL INSIDE CENTER OF TAG- HELLO MY NAME IS. WRITE NAME IF DESIRED WITH PEN.
3. JOURNAL ABOUT YOURSELF IN SECOND TAG- THE ORIGINAL ME. PUNCH & FROM TC PUNCH WITH BLACK CARDSTOCK. STAPLE ALONG RIGHT SIDE CENTER OF TAG.
4. I AM>>>> 3X4 TAG. JOURNAL THINGS ABOUT WHO YOU ARE.
5. CORNER ROUND ALL CORNERS OF PAGE AS DESIRED.
PAGE 2: POLAROID FRAME PAPER
1. TAKE 12” WIDE PAPER WITH FRAMES AND SCORE IN ½ AND FOLD TO CREATE A POCKET PAGE.
2. PUNCH TC ZIG ZAG CIRCLE PUNCH TO THE LOWER RIGHT SIDE OF THE SNAPSHOTS FRAME.
3. FOLD THE PAPER IN ½ AND CREATE ENVELOPE BY AHDEREING ONLY ALONG TOP AND BOTTOM. THE RIGHT SIDE IS OPEN SO THAT PHOTOS AND OR LETTERS CAN BE PLACED INSIDE THE POCKET PAGE.
4. ADHERE CLEAR TC GEM TO THE CENTER OF THE PUNCH.
PAGE 3: CHILDHOOD MEMORIES TAG- RED SCROLL LINED PAPER
1. PAGE BASE IS RED SCROLL WITH BLACK LINED PAPER.
2. ADHERE YOUR “BABY” PHOTO IN THE CENTER OF THE PAGE WITH POP UP DOTS.
3. PUNCH TC TAB PUNCH FROM TAN ALPHABET 3X4 TAG PAPER. FOLD AND THEN STAPLE TAB TO TOP RIGHT PAGE EDGE.
4. JOURNAL ALONG BOTTOM PAGE WITH BLACK PEN MIXED WITH LOVE TC PUNCHED OUT OF BLACK CARDSTOCK. PUNCH THREE TC STARS WITH PUNCH ALONG BOTTOM OF PAGE.
5. SCORE CHILDHOOD 3X4 TAG ALONG LEFT SIDE OF TAG. ADHERE ONLY CHILDHOOD PORTION OF TAG, TO THE LEFT LOWER BOTTOM OF PAGE. JOUNAL WITHIN BOX UNDER THE WORD MEMORIES OF YOUR CHILDHOOD MEMORIES.
PAGE 4: MANILA FILE FOLDER W/ TC EMBOSSED WORDS
1. PAGE BASE IS 8X10 EMBOSSED TC WORD EMBOSSING CRAFTWELL FOLDER.
2. PUNCH HEART TO THE LOWER RIGHT BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.
3. PLACE STICKER “HELLO MY NAME IS” ALONG RIGHT SIDE OF PAGE. WRITE IN YOUR NAME AND BIRTHDAY.
4. ADHERE 4X6 PHOTO TO THE CENTER OF THE PAGE WITH POP UP DOTS FOR ADDED DIMENSION. ALONG TOP RIGHT OF PHOTO ADHERE RED 3X4 TAG LABEL WORDS. (ORIGINAL).
5. PUNCH TC ZIG ZAG CIRLCE PUNCH THREE TIMES AND ADHERE TO PAGE WITH POP UP DOTS. ADD RED GEMS AND CLEAR GEMS TO THE CENTER OF THE PUNCHED CIRCLES.
PAGE 5: FOUR TAG PAGE: KEEP CALM THIS IS ME/ LIVE LIFE NOW
1. PAGE BASE IS FOUR TAGS CUT AS ONE PAGE.
2. PLACE JOURNALING SNIPPETS IN TOP RIGHT TAG- LIVE LIFE NOW. (HAPPY DAY; A DAY IN THE LIFE)
3. JOURNAL WITHIN THE HOUSE SHAPE. WRITE YOUR ADDRESS OR WHERE YOU ARE FROM.
4. LOWER RIGHT TAG- PLACE PHOTO INSIDE POLAROID FRAME WITH POP UP DOTS. ADHERE JOURNALING TIDBIT- BEST DAY EVER. WRITE NAME WITHIN FRAME.
PAGE 6: BROWN LEDGER PAPER
1. PAGE BASE IS KRAFT AND TAN LEDGER PAPER.
2. ADHERE RED JOURNALING LABEL TAG AND STAPLE ALONG TOP RIGHT OF PAGE. (LOVE THIS)
3. TAKE 3X4 BLACK ORNATE FRAME AND SCORE ALONG TOP SO THAT THE TAG CAN BE LIFTED UP FROM THE BOTTOM. ALONG TOP OF TAG ADHERE SNIPPETS CIRCLE- NOTEWORTHY.
4. JOURNAL ALONG BOTTOM OF THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE PAGE.
5. PUNCH FIVE TC STARS ALONG BOTTOM AND TOP OF THE PAGE. ADD THREE RED GEMS RANDOMLY AS DESIRED.
6. ADHERE PHOTO TO BOTTOM LEFT SECTION OF PAGE WITH POP UP DOTS.
7. UNDER PHOTO, ADHERE JOURNALING WORDS: LIVE EVERYDAY WITH GRATITUDE/ A BLESSED LIFE.
PAGE 7: FOUR TAG PAGE: LIVE EVERYDAY WITH GRATITUDE
1. PAGE BASE IS FOUR TAGS CUT AS ONE PAGE.
2. JOURNAL WITHIN TAG- RED TYPEWRITER WITH PEN.
3. TAKE TC TAB PUNCH AND PUNCH WITH ALPHABET 3X4 TAG.
4. ADHERE PHOTO ON TOP OF THE TWO BOTTOM PAGE TAGS.
ADHERE JOURNALING TIDBIT- MY HAPPY,YOU MAKE LIFE WONDERFUL. ADD RED GEM TO THE TAB PUNCH ALONG BOOK EDGE.
5. PLACE A THIN 2” X 6” PIECE OF PAPER TO THE BACK OF THE PHOTO ON THE FRONT PAGE SO THAT IT WILL LIFT UP AND . REVEAL THE TWO HIDDEN TAGS AS SHOWN IN CLASS.
PAGE 8: KRAFT WITH WHITE CIRCLE PAPER
1. PAGE BASE IS KRAFT WITH WHITE CIRCLE PAGE.
2. ADHERE TWO 4X6 PHOTOS TO THE PAGE WITH POP UP DOTS.
3. PLACE JOURNALING SNIPPETS IN PHOTO CORNER- FUNNY MOMENTS. ALONG BOTTOM PHOTO- MEMORIES TO CHERISH, SNAPSHOT, EMBRACE THE CRAZINESS.
4. PUNCH TC LOVE FROM BLACK CARDSTOCK. ADHERE PHOTO ALONG TOP RIGHT. ADHERE LABEL WORD, FAMILY- RED MINI TAG PAPER AND TOP SECTION OF DAILY LIFE 3X4 CARD.
5. ALONG LOWER LEFT SIDE OF PAGE ADHERE 3X4 TAG- LIVE LIFE BELIEVING ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
PAGE 9: RED BACKGROUND WITH WHITE WORDS
1. PAGE BASE IS RED WITH WHITE WORDS PAPER.
2. ADHERE GOLD STICKER LABEL ALONG TOP LEFT OF PAGE. FOLD THE TAG PARTIALLY TO THE BACK SIDE OF THE PAGE. JOURNAL WITHIN TAG AS DESIRED.
3. TAKE TAN WITH WHITE CIRCLE PAPER SIZED 4X10 AND SCORE AT 4” FROM TOP TO CREATE A LIFT UP FLAP. CORNER ROUND ALL FOUR CORNERS OF PAGE WITH FISKARS PUNCH. ADHERE BACK OF FLAP TO THE RIGHT SIDE TOP OF PAGE.
4. ADHERE 4X6 PHOTO TO THE BOTTOM OF THE TOP FLAP SO THAT IT WILL LIFT UP. ALONG LOWER BOTTOM SECTION OF PHOTO ADHERE JOURNALING STICKERS: RIGHT NOW, DREAM BIG AND BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. PUNCH TC ANCHOR FISKARS PUNCH AND ADHERE IF DESIRED.
5. ADHERE GOLD STARBURST STICKER TO THE TOP RIGHT OF FLAP TOP. ADHERE CLEAR TC GEM TO THE GOLD STICKER LOWER BOTTOM.
BACK COVER: PAGE BASE IS CHIPBOARD SIZED 8X10.
USE TC XYRON CHIPBOARD PUNCH AND PUNCH ALL PAGES IN THE CENTER ALONG EACH PAGE TOP. ADD METAL RINGS TO THE TOP TO KEEP THE PAGES TOGETHER.
CREATE A BEAUTIFUL
I am so honored... I had to share this.
This to me is a LIFE MOMENT of sharing and feeling
thankful that in some small way I can share
a little about my company, my passion and how I have grown my business and brand. In my life and business I truly believe
there are NO LIMITS.
What a honor to be on the cover of Fall issue of CRAFT INDUSTRY today. I was fortunate enough to have a great & exciting meeting with CHA this week at my office. I love that so many of you wanted the issue too and wanted to be able to read it. I mentioned this to them and they listened. YOU can now go and read my article online. We are thrilled for CHA Winter and I am debuting several new collections and quite a few "surprises." I am honored to speak at the trade show in January. If you are coming to the trade show please plan to join me. I am thankful for the opportunity to share my business story and how I have evolved and grown my business. Simply go here: http://digital.turn-page.com/i/383845
THANK YOU JENNAFER MARTIN FOR INTERVIEWING AND telling my story. I am in deep gratitude for your talent and for allowing my voice to be told.